I hope you are all keeping safe in this strange situation we find ourselves in, please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Now on with the usual nonsense.
* Pen making
So I didn’t get around to polishing up the brown pen from last week, so I will have to do that the week coming up. However I did get to pour some new blanks. I also got myself a light box so my photography will look a little less crappy, well here’s hoping anyway. Here is the [first](https://i.imgur.com/WmZzZMh.jpg) of the third batch, and here is the [second](https://i.imgur.com/Mez4b6X.jpg). They are still very different from each other so I still have to crack the repeatability, any ideas on that would be welcome.
With 2 very different looking blanks I decided to try and get two pens out of it and I was going to incorporate the two new skills I have learned. The first was to put in an [ink window](https://i.imgur.com/YX7FNwo.jpg), the second is to combine a section with a barrel extension in a contrasting or [complimenting](https://i.imgur.com/Js13ghh.jpg) colour. This is the first time that I have tried to polish up an ink window, it turned out quite [well](https://i.imgur.com/Vb42NEl.jpg).
How I polished the inside was using a small file to get rid of any imperfections from the turning process, then I used sandpaper from 180 grit up to 2000 grit. I attached this to a small bit of studding that I had filed off the threads on and cut a slid down. Into this slot I put the sand paper, wet it and then sanded inside the barrel. The red section and band I turned the grip down and then left a small band for the threads, then I matched the barrel width and finally threaded a tenon to go into the back part of the barrel. The advantage of these two approaches is that they extend the barrel and so I can get a pen out of one blank rather than the usual two.
As usual feel free to give feedback or suggestions in the comments. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones and stay safe.