Back to work on Monday so I am quite glad that I managed to get done what I wanted to get done. I have expanded on the workshop a bit and I have managed to get some new blank making stuff.
* Pen Making
Well this week has been mad, I have accepted about 4 different commissions this week alone. If it keeps on going like this (which I really hope it does) then I may have to cut the hours down at the day job. Which would be awesome, I could spend more time with my family. I have almost completed a commission, it has gone through one lot of polishing but there are some marks I would like to get rid of. The overall pen is [fine](https://i.imgur.com/00CXj3J.jpg) the colours really [pop](https://i.imgur.com/s8lsJvS.jpg), and the [shine](https://i.imgur.com/qCKl4nX.jpg) has come up nicely. The detail on the skill face is [ok too](https://i.imgur.com/pHVnAhF.jpg), the eyes don’t exactly line up however that is something quite hard to do when sculpting by hand, this is only the second one of these I have carved, the cut outs on the cheeks however have left some tool marks, I am thinking the next time I do more polishing I will go back and redo them.
I mentioned ink windows last week, well I have polished one up and it has come out better than any of the others I have tried. [Here it is in closeup](https://i.imgur.com/H8QWIil.jpg) then the [full pen cap on](https://i.imgur.com/wj4ZQ2v.jpg) and [cap off](https://i.imgur.com/uvDqHL1.jpg). Then the end of the cap with the [different acrylic](https://i.imgur.com/dm5ZADr.jpg) in it and the [end of the barrel](https://i.imgur.com/vXPsSvU.jpg), I made the blank on that one.
Other blanks I have made (and I apologise for the very imaginative names):
1. [Goldie Green](https://i.imgur.com/M2iPJs6.jpg)
2. [pinky silver](https://i.imgur.com/Ef8XILe.jpg)
3. [Bluey Silver](https://i.imgur.com/H7fhtoP.jpg)
4. [Space pen mk 2](https://i.imgur.com/3cdBqkf.jpg) more about this in a sec.
5. [Starry night mk2](https://i.imgur.com/MmSo6gl.jpg) more on this in a sec.
6. [Sky blue](https://i.imgur.com/Ssg986I.jpg)
7. [Space pen mk1](https://i.imgur.com/MAdRQiT.jpg) – was used to make [this](https://i.imgur.com/iH8fIrB.jpg)
8. [Starry Night mk1](https://i.imgur.com/cV2UASV.jpg) – reserved to make a pen based upon the famous painting.
9. [Sea Pen mk1](https://i.imgur.com/tkfEbEf.jpg) – reserved for a clients pen.
So the space pen and the starry night mk2 are the blanks left over from a comission of custom pen blanks. The client in question chose to take a different set of blanks in the end.
So I have helped sort a bit of a storage problem in my workshop while having little to no impact on the foot print of the small space I have. I bought [these](https://i.imgur.com/d53nyjc.jpg) they work really well so far.
As usual feel free to give feedback or suggestions in the comments. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones and stay safe.