* Pen making
Clips, I am not really a fan of fitting them, they are a bit of a pain if I am honest. The basic steps in fitting them are as follows:
* drill a hole all the way through the cap and tap both ends to create the threads for the finials tenon and the normal cap threads.
* put the cap in the chuck so the smaller hold is facing the tools and find a tool capable of doing the turning face on, [this](https://i.imgur.com/aoalJ3t.jpg) is my setup, the smaller tool at the top it what I use because I know the distance between the cutting edge and the [blunt edge](https://i.imgur.com/tCYJKEY.jpg) of the tool is the correct depth for the clip ring.
* cut the [end of the cap](https://i.imgur.com/Xe9NDSz.jpg) to the desired depth moving the tool back and forth until you get the correct diameter.
* check to the [clip fits](https://i.imgur.com/gC04H8K.jpg) and then file a small indent on the up stand you just created for the clip to come out of.
* This takes a while and it is an annoying process, not to mention a lot can go wrong lol.
Anyway, here is what I am [working on](https://i.imgur.com/lD2Htic.jpg) this weekend. This lot includes [this pen](https://i.imgur.com/SOeUKLs.jpg) which is the risky one for me as it is something I have never done before. A sleeve on the barrel of a pen. You can see I have managed to get it fit in [this picture](https://i.imgur.com/ToIYDJm.jpg) .
* Pen blanks
I got my dupras order came through. Woo hoo! Already have a few reservations for them but I wanted to show them to you.
* [black abalone](https://i.imgur.com/xCNJN2v.jpg)
* [Kingfisher and Teal Agate](https://i.imgur.com/A7OIQ3v.jpg)
* [Throne Room and Red Abelone](https://i.imgur.com/QFmy1Bs.jpg)
* [Cherries Jubilee](https://i.imgur.com/VyMZtsR.jpg)
* [then theres something I did](https://i.imgur.com/89vXHd5.jpg), the one on the left is standard size, the one on the right certainly isn’t.
Bit shorter this week.
Anways take care and stay safe.